WHO ARE YOU?
This course is crafted especially for university and graduate students and young professionals who plan to spend their lives in environmental fields. From engineers to community change organizers to teaching professionals, our participants come from a variety of backgrounds.
- Debate sustainability concepts and the importance of context and culture to design sustainable solutions that work for different communities.
- Attend curated conferences with respected experts in the field of sustainability in Mexico who share their life experiences as well as their challenges and successes to create long-lasting ecologically sound, economically and socially sustainable solutions.
- Reflections on the interactions of culture and context on the visited projects, social businesses, and organizations.
- Pedagogy created around three distinct scenarios (peri-urban low-income with limited access to public services; urban middle-income; rural community with limited access to public services) used to motivate critical thinking skills in the implementation of sustainable solutions. Facilitated visits to all three contexts.
- See local projects with sustainable technologies in action, in particular, biogas, solar, construction with natural components, rainwater harvesting, permaculture and water filtration.
HOW DO I PAY FOR THE COURSE?
Upon acceptance, payment is generally made through the Caminos de Agua Paypal account. Paypal converts multiple currencies to US dollars from your home currency. Direct bank transfers can be arranged but fees tend to be higher.
Course $1,475.00 USD
Basic Lodging $275.00 USD